| How To Make Money With E-Books |
E-Books ("Electronic Books") are downloadable information products - or to put it more simply are books that are read on your computer.
E-Books are nice because:
If you want to make money with E-Books you can either create your own e-books, get somebody to write your E-Book for you (perhaps purchase a text you can use from an author, or rights to an existing books), In the rest of this section we'll focus on making your own e-books...
- They are relatively easy to make you can easily have your own product
- You can find a niche market and sell your own product into that market
- You can even join affiliate programs and include links which earn you commission (check with the affiliate programs rules first)
- You can use them to drive traffic to your web site or for viral marketing.
- You have your own unique product. (Less competition, and great for marketing and publicity)
- You can sell the e-books or give them away free. (Giving away free e-books can be useful for marketing purposes or to earn commissions from affiliate programs).
- Customers are purchasing from you - if they like the product, you can offer them additional products/services and sell them those too, later.
- High profit for each sale (you only need to make a relatively small number of sales to make a good profit).
- No limit on the amount of sales that you can (potentially) make.
- You must spend time creating the e-book in the first place (writing) or pay somebody else to do this work.
- Customer Service - you need to devote at least part of your time to customer service (answering questions etc.)
- Develop an idea for your e-book
Come up with an idea for your e-book which you can relatively easily write about. This can be a topic you already know something about, or a topic that you can easily research. Non-fiction e-books are generally the bestsellers - but fiction and fun ideas are possibilities too.
Whatever your idea make sure you have an idea which you can present in an attractive and enticing way to customers.
- Download e-book compiler software
Download Activ E-Book Compiler which is a software program for creating e-books. There is a free trial version which you can practise with before deciding if you want to purchase the full version.
- Sharpen Your E-Book Skills (optional)
Spend some time building your knowledge of e-books and e-book marketing. This could be as simple as practising with the software and looking at what others have done, or better yet you could visit some e-book training materials and really get on top of this topic.
Here are some sites you may find useful
- Write Your E-Book
You are now ready to write your e-book, using the software (Activ E-Book Compiler) that you've already downloaded, and information you learned at the e-book information sites above.
Obviously this may take some time depending on how long you plan to make your e-book, but proper preparation, including having a clear plan before you start writing can save many headaches and a considerable amount of your time.
- Set up Your Web Site
You will need:
- Write Your Sales Letter
"Copy Writing" is a combination of art and science. It is probably the single most important marketing skill you can learn, as without a good sales letter it is very hard to convince visitors to your web site to buy from you.
There are many good copy writing guides. My suggestion would be to choose one that you like, buy it - and - most importantly - read it carefully:
You can find copywriting resources (both online and offline) here:
- Get Ready To Accept Online Payments
You must be able to accept online payments, especially payment by credit card.
- If you wish to sell products delivered over the Internet (such as downloads), you might want to look at ClickBank†. They act as a retailer, integrate into your website, and offer an affordable and flexible system.
- If you need to charge a monthly or periodic fee (e.g. a subscription) you might want to look at Verotel†.
- If you want your own merchant account and are in the USA (this may be the best option if you know you are going to be dealing with a large volume or have already got an established business) go to Electronic Transfer, Inc.†.
- More information about accepting payments online can be found here.
- Marketing Your Site
Read the rest of this site.
Review the following free information sites:
Consider purchasing (and reading and following the ideas) in one or more of these courses:
Disclaimer: All business involves risk. Nobody can guarantee a new business will succeed or make money. Even if an idea may works for somebody else, their results may not be typical, and there is no guarantee that the same idea will work for you.
This site is NOT intended as legal, accounting, tax or professional advice. Readers are strongily advised to seek professional advice before starting a new business.